Lexmark CS510de PIN reset?

Hello!

Just picked up a used Lexmark CS510de.

It works great, however when trying to access some of the settings menu, some options are requiring a PIN.

Any information regarding how to reset or bypass this would be helpful. I can’t even access the configuration mode without a PIN.

Thanks in advance!

For Lexmark printers, the default PIN is usually '0000' or '1234'. If these don’t work, you might need to perform a factory reset. Access the printer's control panel, navigate to Settings or Security, and look for an option to reset to factory defaults. This will likely remove the PIN restriction, but be aware it will also erase any customized settings.

For Lexmark printers, the default PIN is usually '0000' or '1234'. If these don’t work, you might need to perform a factory reset. Access the printer's control panel, navigate to Settings or Security, and look for an option to reset to factory defaults. This will likely remove the PIN restriction, but be aware it will also erase any customized settings.

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, I can’t get into the settings or security menus without the PIN. I’ve also tried putting it in configuration mode. Still asks for a PIN first.

Really odd, because it works perfectly.

Is there like a factory reset button inside one of the panels somewhere?? Lol. Frustrating.

Sometimes there is an option to use a backup password, which takes you to a screen where you can type in actual words. I’ve tried “admin” and such. No luck.

Try the reset jumper on the main board. Yellow "flag" on a three pinned connector, change the position of it to either most right or most left, depending on the original position. Then turn it on. This will remove security in most cases.

Ask a Question