Lexmark X4550

Hi there,

My ink has been needing a replacement since forever, but I wasn't sure how to get the best value and quality. This printer can take 23 and 24 and also 34 and 35 ink cartridges, being black and colour respectively. The latter has a higher yield I'm guessing.

I have been looking on eBay and found 34 and 35 as a twin pack for £16 refurbished. I'm wondering if I should buy it, as I only use the printer for purposes that does not require good quality, i.e. documents etc. In addition, I have also been looking at refill kits, does anyone have experience with this, and whether it's worth the hassle or should I just get the refurbed cartridges?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Wk

Your talking about a Lexmark printer i assume? If you're not bothered about print quality (ie not printing photos) you should be ok with compatibles. Don't bother refilling them, if you dont know anyone who can show you how to do it you just make a mess... well i did anyway.

If you looking on eBay, try Internet Ink & Pens or Ink Factory, i usually use them for my compatibles.

Hello,
Selectafont offer a range of compatibles for most printers as well as ink refills, they also have handy links with instructions on how to refill your cartridges and even video tutorials!
I've recommended them to my friends and family and not heard of any problems with their compatibles...
Hope that helps

Ask a Question