Looking to buy a printer

I am looking for a scanner-printer-in one. Must be cheap. Must be able to be refilled. Must not use too much space. Must not break easily. For home.

well, here are some suggestion if you would like to select then :

EPSON Expression Home XP202 Wireless All-in-One Inkjet Printer : £44.99
Print quality: 5760 x 1440 DPI
Print speed: 30 ppm

CANON Selphy CP900 Wireless Photo Printer : £79.99
Memory card printing
Print quality: 300 x 300 dpi
Colour display

HP CX017B Photosmart 6520e All-in-One Inkjet Printer : £99.99
ePrint
Double-sided printing: automatic duplex
Print quality: 4800 x 1200 DPI
Print speed: 11 ppm
Colour touchscreen display

Citronix : The Code of Excellence

Last edited:
I'm glad you didn't phrase your question, "good printer - must be cheap." One doesn't go w/ the other. don't expect cheap printers to last long or sometimes, to be a pleasant experience.

Attention cartridges valu

When you buy a printe, ​​attention to the price of cartridges, because in most cases the printer is cheap but the cartridges are expensive. So I suggest you compare the cost per page printers as exemple this website make this for you [removed]

Just to clarify you with one of your "qualification" for a printer, you must be aware that every printer can be refilled as long as you do a resetting on your cartridge. So you can cross this from your lists. :)

every printer can be refilled as long as you do a resetting on your cartridge.

IFF a resetter is available. Newer print generations tend to not have a resetter available for months ... or years.

For example, in the Canon family of inkjet printers, there are resetters available for older CLI-8, CLI-221, and CLI-226 based inkjet printers. (BCI-6 and older printers didn't need a resetter).

My understanding is that the latest Canon generation printers, like the CLI-251 and CLI-42, don't yet have resetters. Bummer. Also, there are fewer vendors offering "virgin empties".

My impression is that the printer manufacturers are being intentional about making resetters more difficult to reverse-engineer.

My observation is that latest inkjet printers are getting more and more difficult to refill by a hobby'ist individual. In the Canon "family" of printers, the older BCI-6 were easy to refill, CLI-8's are easy, but you need a resetter, then CLI-221 more difficult (partially opaque and smaller ink capacity), and CLI-226 even more difficult (fully opaque).

I'm much less familiar with inkjet printers from other venders (Epson, HP, Brother, Dell, etc), but my speculation is that the same applies .... refilling is getting more difficult.

And the latest generation CLI-241 and CLI-42 don't yet have resetters, and may be that much more difficult to refill.

So ... ???

If you know what you are doing and live near a relatively large city, I'd consider looking for a used CLI-8 generation printer on CraigsList. If you can co-exist with a "large footprint", there tend to be LOTS of Canon Pro Pixma 9000-2's available with little use, or even NIB (new in box).

Ask a Question