manipulating print files

Dear Forum Members.

Recently I've got a money telling machine. This machine has the ability to output the telling results to a printer. This output is seemingly divided in two parts, one text and one image part. The text part contains the different values of the bills, the quantity of each and the sum that has been counted.
The image part has images that the telling machine scans from the serials of the bills.
What I want to do is set up a PC to capture the serial data that the telling machine outputs and get a file with the text and the images to later on process with a O.C.R. software and put this data in a database. Does somebody know how to capture this data? I allready have captured the text part in a terminal software, but the image is pure unusable garbage. Does somebody have experience on this matter?

Thanks in advance for your kind answer.

Marcos Venster
Caracas-Venezuela

I forgot some details

Dear Forum Members.

Recently I've got a money telling machine. This machine has the ability to output the telling results to a printer. This output is seemingly divided in two parts, one text and one image part. The text part contains the different values of the bills, the quantity of each and the sum that has been counted.
The image part has images that the telling machine scans from the serials of the bills.
What I want to do is set up a PC to capture the serial data that the telling machine outputs and get a file with the text and the images to later on process with a O.C.R. software and put this data in a database. Does somebody know how to capture this data? I allready have captured the text part in a terminal software, but the image is pure unusable garbage. Does somebody have experience on this matter?

Thanks in advance for your kind answer.

Marcos Venster
Caracas-Venezuela

Forgotten Details:
The printer normally used is a common dot matrix serial printer, EG.:Bixolon SRP 350 plus.

Ask a Question