MG3650S some text printing double/shaddow, help

hi guys, can't figure this one out. I am printing documents (invoices etc) both excel and pdf (i think wordmight be ok) that print some text clearly and some not, i mean on the same page!!! usually anything inside a text box is shaddow/double printing letters partially overlapping. I aligned the heads, no difference. i changed the cartridge and aligned the heads, no difference. uninstalled the printer and reinstalled, no difference. looked for update drivers, no difference. it doesn't matter which tablet/ophone/pc or laptop i print from, it blurs some text whilst other text is as it should be. thoughts? just tried exceland the lines are zig-zagging down the page too. I might add that there was a paper jam that was quite a challenge to remove,umtil i found the roller mechanism can be moved manually. Problem since then.

hi guys, can't figure this one out. I am printing documents (invoices etc) both excel and pdf (i think wordmight be ok) that print some text clearly and some not, i mean on the same page!!! usually anything inside a text box is shaddow/double printing letters partially overlapping. I aligned the heads, no difference. i changed the cartridge and aligned the heads, no difference. uninstalled the printer and reinstalled, no difference. looked for update drivers, no difference. it doesn't matter which tablet/ophone/pc or laptop i print from, it blurs some text whilst other text is as it should be. thoughts? just tried exceland the lines are zig-zagging down the page too. I might add that there was a paper jam that was quite a challenge to remove,umtil i found the roller mechanism can be moved manually. Problem since then.
reading it again, sounds like it has damaged the printer from the Jam, have seen this many times before, printers that have been brought into my store, something has been damaged - it would not be fixable as be cheaper to buy a new printer sadly.
if you dont need colour then i always recommend my customers a mono laser printer.

reading it again, sounds like it has damaged the printer from the Jam, have seen this many times before, printers that have been brought into my store, something has been damaged - it would not be fixable as be cheaper to buy a new printer sadly.
if you dont need colour then i always recommend my customers a mono laser printer.
it's what i was expecting but hoping it was not. the bit that has me confused is why word prints ok, but pdf and excel dont, and why on a page is some text fine and others not. any way, thanks for the input

Last edited:

Ask a Question