MODEL C332 PRINTER ERROR CODE 231 - 08

Okay I have figured out that this error code is related to the image drum assembly. And in particular related to the Cyan!!
The explanation I got was C reader (TC/ID - Tag Interface connection error! Well that does not tell me too much because I don't even know what the word TAG stands for. There is a lack of communication evidently between something on the IMAGE DRUM ASSEMBLY and the Control Board or whatever. The problem is in the image drum assy because I have a spare drum assy from another printer and installed it and I do not get the error message.

Thus I looked over the drum assembly very carefully. I am trying to get this printer on line and have installed a whole new set of color cartridges so it shouldn't be a toner cartridge problem but who knows?

Here is what I come up with of what I think the problem may be or close to it. On the left side of the assembly there are four sensors or indicators for each toner. They have a little window of sorts. Each one has two springs going into them. I have not had one off yet but looks like they are removable with one screw perhaps.
What are these for? What do they indicate or how do they work? Anyway the Cyan is the only window that is wide open and is perhaps why I am getting the error code 231 - 08.

I do not see any individual parts listed in the Oki Parts for the Image drum. Looks like if anything goes wrong they want you to purchase the whole enchilada image drum assy.

If any of you can help me out, I would sure appreciate it. Do you know of anyone that might have any used or spare parts for these printers if the company will not provide any?

No responses. I am naturally disappointed. Thought someone would read my message and have some input.
Lee

OKI MC363. Same error Code - 231 - 08. I came to the same conclusion. I replaced the drum, but the problem reappeared. The new drum comes with blank toner cartridges. Once you put the replacement toner cartridges in, the problem resurfaces. Perhaps, the problem is with the toner replacement cartridges. Price for Oki OEM toner cartridges are exhorbitant. Bought this printer just 1 or so years ago. What a shame.

Anyone have any solutions?

Last edited:

Ask a Question