MX-5111N printing problems

I am having a strange problem that I am not sure there is an obvious solution for.

I am in a corporate environment and they have a Sharp MX-5111N on their network. On about half of the machines I install it on it works fine when I use MX_D25_PCL6_PS_1505a_EnglishUS_64bit and the other half it does not work.
All the machines are Windows 7 64 bit and all find the printer without any issue on the network and even the "Auto-configure" works. One very strange thing is that when I hit print test page I can hear the printer wake up and start to process something, but then nothing comes out. I can walk to a different computer and it works fine. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, prayed, and everything in between...

Any thoughts? I have been working on this for days... I have never gone to a forum like this for help before so if I left off important information I apologize and I will correct it.

Thank you very much for your time,

David

it got more strange because I could print from the web interface to the printer, but still not directly from the printer. I finally went deep into the log files and saw one document that was successful and saw all my non-successful documents and compared every detail (about 75 columns) and saw interesting thing:
Result: Stopped
Error Cause: 0435

I looked up error code 0435 and it has to do with privileges to print color...
So I set the default to black and white and it is now working.

Strange. I can't yet figure out where to enable color, but I am not worried about it.

--David

Ask a Question