Need help finding a printer

Hello guys,

This week has been a nightmare for me because I need to buy a new printer. First of all, it is not easy to know whether inkjet or laser is better for me. I am a home user :

- I rarely print in color
- I mostly print documents (with graphs)
- I don't print in high volume (less than 150 pages per month)
- I need a scanner and a copier (but no fax)
- I hate paper jams
- I would like a wireless printer (or at least ethernet wired *** that brings me to my 2nd question)

Is it possible to convert a ethernet wired printer in a wireless printer. Basically, I already have a rooter with a wireless network. I would like to connect my printer to that network without a cable mainly because my printer will be hidden in another room, far from the rooter and from a computer. Do I absolutely need a wireless printer or can I buy a ethernet wired printer and buy an adapter to link it with the rooter without any cables ?

In summary, I would like to know

- If laser is best for me ?
- Any models you can suggest ?
- Any multi function laser printer (scan, copy) ?

Note that speed is not a factor important to me, but the $$$ per page, the printing quality, the paper jam avoidance, the fact that is not a huge machine is important to me.

- What about the inket model MP 990 ?
- Is the inkjet still messy when you print text. For instance, can you highlight a text printed by a inkjet printer without messing the ink and the highlighter ?

HP Color LaserJet CP2020 printer has the ability to print shop-quality materials and documents and at the same time can save the number of papers and time with additional of 250-sheet extra number of paper tray.

forgot to tell

Thank you for the suggestion. I had seen that model. The only thing is that I forgot to mention that I REALLY NEED an automatic duplexer. I will be printing mostly lecture notes, papers, graphs and charts for my studies. Therefore, it's a must!

Ask a Question