New Epson Surecolor P400

I have an just received an Epson Surecolor P400 photo printer. it looks fantastic which is why we bought it. Upon further reading and an internet search I am growing increasingly concerned about the cost and time involved in using this photo printer. It is a photo printer for people just beginning in photo printer (like me), but so many videos online warn about the costs of ink, paper and time commitment for printer maintenance.

Is this amount of money and time capable of being handled? Reasonably?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

Lou: Good to see you again. Cant answer your question. We all have different financial situations.
Would not think maintenance is any different from any other inkjet. You have a nice printer. Enjoy it.

Here are a few Youtube videos that may help you decide.

I am just unsure of the costs. It is not the printer paper, but the inks? Just one cartridge from Epson cot $ 60.00! You need eight cartridges.

It seems a lot. If I can use third party inks and not OEM and get good results that would solve the dilemma. I just need to know if third party inks get good results and they will last as long as OEM inks.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

Lou: Have no idea where you are located, but ink prices in U.S., at Amazon.com, run $13 to $18 depending on which cartridge needed. Genuine Epson Ink. Here is link:
https://www.amazon.com/Epson-SureColor-P400-Wireless-Printer/dp/B016F3Q4WS
Scroll to bottom of page.

Here is complete eight pack (yes, all eight cartridges) at Amazon for $60. Genuine Epson Ink. Here is link:
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Initial-Cartridge-SureColor-Packaging/dp/B01KPGZBUM

Im not sure it would be wise to use third party inks, even if you could find such. You have a $600 printer. It would
be catastrophe if non OEM ink cause print head to clogg. Thats just me Lou. I lost two printers using third party
ink. Never again for me. You are smarter than this old boy and maybe you will be successful. Anyway thats not much help. Wish you the best which ever you decide.

If you should decide to go with Epson cartridges, the bulk package may not provide seal for those cartridges not yet installed. Once you open bulk package, be sure to wrap new unused individual cartridges in Saran Wrap or clear plastic wrap of some kind, so they dont dry out. Wrap tightly.

I have an just received an Epson Surecolor P400 photo printer. it looks fantastic which is why we bought it. Upon further reading and an internet search I am growing increasingly concerned about the cost and time involved in using this photo printer. It is a photo printer for people just beginning in photo printer (like me), but so many videos online warn about the costs of ink, paper and time commitment for printer maintenance.

Is this amount of money and time capable of being handled? Reasonably?

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

This Epson Surecolor P400 photo printer is very expensive in my country so I never had the chance to have one. But I still learn a lot. Although this is really a tough machine with great features but I am still saving some money to have this. Thanks.

I have the P400 and find the biggest issue is when it is not used for a while. I try to print every week or 2 but I find the yellow and cyan cartridges clog up all the time. They are the 2 on the outside edges. The printer has to be used and as a hobbyist I don't print every day. Other than wasting ink cleaning, I find the printer to be no more expensive to run than any other. Just print every other day at least. Even just a 4x6. JUST USE IT..

Ask a Question