new printer

I are wanting to purchase a new wireless printer at home
Not sure wether to go with a canon pixma or Hp photosmart
I some of the pixmas take 6 inks not sure about this.
I have always had canon what HP like

Well, with the info you provide, the only valid reply is "it depends" ...
.... on issues such as ...
* print volume of what type (photos, b/w text, charts, text-in color, graphics, etc.
* budget
* print quality expectations (who cares vs decent vs accurate and consistent color with wide gamut and dynamic range ... can be very difficult to accomplish)
* paper width (letter / legal ok?)
* others

You mention 6 inks, which implies relatively high quality photo printing. The most basic, most entry-level printers only have CMY dye and black pigment (and usually a terrible choice as the ink cost will be exorbitant if you have any volume at all).

Next is separate CYMK dye carts, and black pigment, with separate ink carts. These can do surprisingly well on photo printing. This is the "sweet spot" for commodity printers.

Next are CMYK+, possibly with Photo-Light-Cyan, Photo-Light-Magenta, Gray, Red, and/or Green. If you know what you are doing, better print quality is possible, but won't necessarily be dramatically better compared to a good CMYK printer. YMMV.

Ask a Question