No Canon Driver for Windows 10

Bought myself a secondhand Canon Printer, Pixma MP 240, and to my dismay, found there was no driver for it. Got in touch with Canon, who said there was no driver, but try the one for Windows 8 or 8.1, which did not work. I've had various oldish printers from various manufacturers, and have never had a problem obtaining a driver for Windows 10. In a world where you're told to hold on to your existing machines, and not throw them away, this makes no sense.

Bought myself a secondhand Canon Printer, Pixma MP 240, and to my dismay, found there was no driver for it. Got in touch with Canon, who said there was no driver, but try the one for Windows 8 or 8.1, which did not work. I've had various oldish printers from various manufacturers, and have never had a problem obtaining a driver for Windows 10. In a world where you're told to hold on to your existing machines, and not throw them away, this makes no sense.
Got a driver at last, not from Canon, but from a website, http://www.freeprinterdriverdownload.org/driver-request/ that got me one for the printer. Worth a check, if you're like me, and fed up with the response of Canon. Good luck !

Ask a Question