No functions work

Assumed black cartridge was empty as it showed a yellow triangle when I checked all cartridges.
I did get a notification that Cyan needed replacement but nothing like that showed for black after I changed the Cyan.
Does that triangle under the black indicate something else is wrong!

Depends on specific model, it could be an unrecognized cartridge, is the cartridge by a 3rd party manufacturer?

All cartridges are genuine Epson products and most are at least 95% full(replaved the 200K with a brand-spanking new one; Cyan is BSN but Magenta shows it's at least 80% as is Yellow.

The machine acts as though everything is OK - scanning and printing but I've yet to scan to the PC.

Another issue that I see now is that I cannot change paper to Normal Letter - it's Photo copy.

Am I flogging a dead horse??

BobO'B

All cartridges are genuine Epson products and most are at least 95% full(replaced the 200K with a brand-spanking new one; Cyan is BSN but Magenta shows it's at least 80% as is Yellow.

The machine acts as though everything is OK - scanning and printing but I've yet to scan to the PC.

Another issue that I see now is that I cannot change paper to Normal Letter - it's Photo copy.

Am I flogging a dead horse??

BobO'B

Epson WF-2540 and it was in working order until Christine complained that she had to replace all cartridges when the black ran out (blonde - and didn't check whether she COULD just buy black!) so gave it to her sister Anne, in Fort Collins, who asked me to "make it go".
Replaced 2200 K and 200C. Ran through all Maintenance options and visual displays of ink levels show all "tanks" over 80%.
All functions are active - i.e. Copies (no colour), Prints (no colour), Scans OK to USB (with colour). Didn't check Fax!

only other issue - don't know whether it's related - is that I am unable to change paper type.

I think there's a real issue here! I just removed and reinserted cartridges and now Magenta is showing triangle with "!" inside when, on previous displays, it was at +/- 80%!!

Epson WF-2540 and it was in working order until Christine complained that she had to replace all cartridges when the black ran out (blonde - and didn't check whether she COULD just buy black!) so gave it to her sister Anne, in Fort Collins, who asked me to "make it go".
Replaced 2200 K and 200C. Ran through all Maintenance options and visual displays of ink levels show all "tanks" over 80%.
All functions are active - i.e. Copies (no colour), Prints (no colour), Scans OK to USB (with colour). Didn't check Fax!

only other issue - don't know whether it's related - is that I am unable to change paper type.

I think there's a real issue here! I just removed and reinserted cartridges and now Magenta is showing triangle with "!" inside when, on previous displays, it was at +/- 80%!!

Ask a Question