OfficeJet4650 will not print in color

My 4650 suddenly stopped printing in color. Plenty of ink. Test page prints in color; copies pictures in color. I've shut down and re started; re-installed; restarted computer. Tried every place I can think of to find where it may be set to grayscale or black and can't find any. Suggestions?

You dont indicate operating system. Assume windows.
Navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click 4650 Icon -> Select Printing Preferences
Under Advanced Tab deselect or remove check mark from Black/Grayscale Box
You might also find it under Main Tab

You dont indicate operating system. Assume windows.
Navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click 4650 Icon -> Select Printing Preferences
Under Advanced Tab deselect or remove check mark from Black/Grayscale Box
You might also find it under Main Tab
Thanks for the information. I'm using Windows 10. I have already tried what you suggested. But, I tried again. All that comes up under Printing Preferences are 3 tabs (Layoout, Paper/Quality & Printing Shortcuts), none of which offer options to select or deselect grayscale, including under the Advanced buttons.

Get latest HP driver for Win 10. Specify whether 32 or 64 bit. Get it here:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...l-in-one-printer-series/5447930/model/5447931

Driver should be 6.5.3442.26
Be sure you download correct driver.

Before your install new driver, be sure you uninstall previous version. Navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click 4650 Icon -> Select Remove Device
Do that for any other 4650 Icon showing

Now install new driver.

Get latest HP driver for Win 10. Specify whether 32 or 64 bit. Get it here:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...l-in-one-printer-series/5447930/model/5447931

Driver should be 6.5.3442.26
Be sure you download correct driver.

Before your install new driver, be sure you uninstall previous version. Navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click 4650 Icon -> Select Remove Device
Do that for any other 4650 Icon showing

Now install new driver.
THANK YOU MR RUFFIN FROM FLORIDA. I've worked intermittently on this for 2 days to no avail. I suspected that I needed some sort of update, but you provided what I needed along with the instructions on how to do it. 30 minutes later, I am printing in color again. Thanks again for your time and your timely answers to my questions.

Ask a Question