Password Protecting a Network Printer

Hi,

A friend of mine is in need of password protecting her printer. Her roommates used her printer last year and would use up all of her paper and ink without paying her back. Most of the time they would print things and not even use them. I tried to help her figure out a way to protect her printer from being used by them but because they were all using the same wifi routers and they had already connecting to the printer before none of the ways I knew to restrict their computers access to the printer worked.

I currently don't remember what printer she has and she can't look up the type or model number because the printer and all its manuals are in storage. I believe it is an all in one HP. But when I find out I'll update this post. Until then if anyone could let me know if there is a way to password protect the printer regardless of what printer it is I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Ask a Question