Photo quality prints to static cling media? Laser vs Inkjet? Help needed...

Hi all, I'm looking for some help from the experts... I'm hoping to start a small business printing full colour photographic images onto static cling media.

The media manufacturers have two different versions. One for laser printers and another for inkjet using dye inks.

I've been doing some research and believe inkjet is the way to go for photo quality.

The Epson EcoTank ET-14000 caught my eye due to its low print cost however I was unsure if it actually uses 'dye inks' and weather the ink is likely to fade? If so over what sort of time are we talking? Months / years? I also read the the nozzles on these can block if not used frequently. Is that the case and is it easy to fix?

Any suggestions a reliable and cost effective inkjet machine that uses dye inks and is able to print edge to edge full colour A4. Ideally comparable with 3rd party inks.

Any help would be great!

Many thanks :)

Ask a Question