PIXMA MG 5550 does not print from PGBK ink tank

I have a canon PIXMA MG 5550 - about three years old. A few months ago the prints started becomming fuzzy especially text started to print double. I have tried cleaning, deep cleaning, roller cleaning, bottom cleaning many times with no luck. I have replaced all the catridges and still no joy. I am using original canon catridges. I have also tried head alignment At present the PGBK section will not print at all when I print a nozzle check pattern. Would be extremely grateful for solution/advice/fix.

Hi Govinda, i had a problem similar, i have a PIXMA MG 6250, a little older than your model, I took the cartridges out and lifted the printer head clip up and removed the Print head, i ran it under the hot tap on the inkjet in question you can do 2 mins per inkjet, just enough so the water is trickling out but hot, dry the print head thoroughly after with a good absorbent kitchen roll and replace, then replace cartridges, your ink on each jet should start to come through after a few tests it worked for me, failing this it could be a new print head.
Please don't hold me responsible for any damage to the print head you do so at your own risk!
There are videos on you tube how to remove the print head and i can vouch this did work for me!
Rgds

Thanks for this information. My Canon MG5550 has recently developed the same problem - PGBK cartridge won't print and doesn't clear after deep cleaning, etc. I shall try and follow the instructions above and hope for success.

Ask a Question