Printer Advice

Hi! I'm in the market for a new laser printer, and could use some suggestions....

In the past I've had an HP Laserjet 1000 --which was a really great printer, but HP doesn't do Windows 7 64 bit drivers, so it's now pretty much a door stop. I tried to replace it with as close a printer to this as possible, since I was so happy with it.

Enter the HP Laserjet P1006. The quality was great with this printer, but it was notoriously unreliable. It locked up easily (eg had to cycle power on printer paper after running out of paper, and sometimes on the host PC itself). Wasted hours trying to get it to work better, downloading updated drivers, scouring forms. I'm just sick of it, and am ready to move on...

My chief priority in a replacement is:

1) Reliability
2) Networking (preferably WiFI, as long as connectivity is reliable --if not, ethernet is okay)
3) Duplex printing

Monochrome is okay as most of my printing is black and white, but I'm open to color.
I don't need an AIO/MFP, and am not interested in an inkjet.
Also, I'd pay as much as $400-500, if I can just get a printer that works reliably, and isn't make so cheaply that it'll die in 6 months... (not that I want to be frivolous with my money, I just don't have the time to deal with intermittent printer issues.)

thx so much for the input!!!

Ask a Question