Need Advice For New Printer

I am new to printerforums.net but it looks like a good place to get some printer help. I currently own an HP 6830 All-In-One. I’ve owned it for about 3-1/2 years and it has recently displayed “Printhead Problem” in both its display and on either my Windows laptop or iMac when I try to print. Based on my research and the troubleshooting steps I’ve taken, it appears this error is a kiss of death for the printer (new firmware won’t install because the printer is in a “state of error” - that sounds bad). Anyway, the HP help forums have been pretty useless and one of the support agents there told me that these printers are more or less disposable machines with a life of 3-4 years. Maybe I need to crawl out from the rock I’ve been under but I was shocked to hear that a major manufacturer of computers, printers, etc. has this mindset (not to mention I can’t imagine what nice things it’s doing to the environment to be be building large, disposable hunks of plastic. To make matters worse, I learned my printer does not have a replaceable printhead, so I now have. 10 lb. paperweight.

Now after venting I’m wondering if someone can recommend a solid (preferably non-HP) home use printer that has a removable printhead. Thanks for any help.

- Jon

Ask a Question