Printer Profile for 1430

I am going nuts trying to find the appropriate Printer Profile for my Epson 1430 Printer. If I print the picture that is on my monitor in Photoshop CS5 on my HP 8610, the print comes out looking EXACTLY like what is on the monitor. When I print it on my Epson 1430, it comes out very different. I have tried everything that I can think of doing....Using Printer Manages Colors and Photoshop Manages Colors (with printer Color Management turned off) and absolutely NOTHING changes the looks on the photo that is printed. I am likely doing something wrong but can not figure out what. I have even used a color munki calibration device to create a custom profile. Again, perhaps I am neglecting some setting that negates all the other settings. Just can't figure out what?

The attachment shows the differences between printer output. The top print is created on my HP8610 and looks exactly like the monitor photoshop image. The lower image is from Epson 1430 and regardless of the above changes, always looks "about" the same.

Any advice for specific settings? Or advice for what I may be doing wrong?

Attachments

• Printer image comparisons of 1430.jpg
    Printer image comparisons of 1430.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 139
I'm in the same boat with an epson 2750. My xp830 prints come out looking a lot like the monitor. My new 2750 sucks biscuits. Did you get a solution? I am not familiar with playing with colour profiles but that will be my next step. In the attached pic the one on the right is my good printout from my xp830. My reds aren't red enough, my blues are too purple and my yellows are too orange.

I downloaded the RedRiver colour profiles for the Et-2750, and turned off the printer management of colours. Although the resulting prints were better, it wasn't good enough.

Attachments

• IMG_5232 2.JPG
    IMG_5232 2.JPG
    259.4 KB · Views: 31

Ask a Question