Printer says "Insert Ink Cartridge" even though it has been inserted

Hello,

I have a Lexmark OfficeEdge Pro4000 printer. A few days ago when moving a piece of furniture I gently struck the ink cartridge access door (this door is used in case one has to install and uninstall cartridges.) There did not appear to be any serious damage to the door or to the printer and when I tried closing the door back, it closed fine and made the "click" sound. However, it also started asking me to "Install Ink Cartridges" pointing to the black cartridge in particular even though I had not seen this instruction before. Since then I have removed all the cartridges and re-inserted them, opened a new black cartridge and inserted it but all of this has been to no avail. I have also unplugged the printer and plugged it back ~ 4-5 times. Inspite of this, I keep seeing the same error messages "Install Ink Cartridges" followed by "Close the Ink Cartridge Access Door." I am at a loss as to what to do and would be glad to have some help.

For further information, the position of the cartridges is from left to right - black, cyan, magenta, and yellow.

Thanks,
desimba

Attachments

• 20140810_164228.jpg
    20140810_164228.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 279

Ask a Question