Printing Labels which Printer?

For my business I currently print the LP labels on my inkjet printer. I am looking to replace my printer with something better but I read so many contradicating things on the net. I can't afford much, maybe in around the £250 mark. The problem is that I want good colour and sharp quality but I use A4 sheets with 2 labels (117mm circular) and they are luxury stickers so are higher gsm than normal. I am aware in the long term laser is cheaper to run, but I would be nervous about using labels in a laser because of the more complex paper run and the heat involved, also the colour laser I have produces dull colours.
On the other hand Im advised inkjets are expensive to run.
Where I can, I design the labels to have little solid colour to cut down on the ink consumption.
The labels all have unique text and I have looked into having them printed externally, but data printing doesn't offer the range of fonts I want and is quite expensive.

Any advice would be helpful

Favour Forty Five

Reasonably priced inkjet printer

I would suggest you investigate Canon and Epson printers that use separate cartridges for each color and also have a black ink cartridge for printing in black only. These use cartridges that are very easy to refill for pennys on the dollar. Also sounds like you should be using software something like Printshop or similar for designing these labels. If you need more help just reply back.

Ask a Question