Problem connecting Printer to Laptop

I have a Laptop running Windows 11 and an HP Printer Model HP Deskjet 2700e Printer/Scanner..... Both brand new.....

Try as I might. I cannot print from a file on my Laptop...
I followed all the Installation as detailed 123.hp.com as advised in the supplied Setup Guide and also used HP SMART

I confirm that my laptop is correctly connected to my home network using a wireless connection.
I went through the HP Reset procedure.. Pressing Cancel, Then Holding Cancel/Wireless buttons etc.
But to no avail and I'm constantly being told that the printer is 'Off-Line......
I confirm that the Printer information panel shows a good strong wireless signal and the Blue LED is flashing

I've tried uninstalling the printer and going through the installation procedure again and again but still no luck !!!

Can someone please help me with this really annoying problem

Hey, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble printing from your HP Deskjet 2700e Printer/Scanner. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check printer status: Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to the same wireless network as your laptop. Check the printer status on the control panel to see if it is showing any error messages.
  2. Update printer firmware: Check if there is any available firmware update for your printer, and if so, install it. This can often solve issues related to printer connectivity.
  3. Uninstall and reinstall the printer: Uninstall the printer driver from your laptop and reinstall it using the latest driver available from the HP website. Make sure to choose the correct driver for your printer model and operating system.
  4. Disable firewall: Temporarily disable the firewall on your laptop to see if it is blocking the printer from communicating with your laptop. If the printer starts working after disabling the firewall, add an exception for the printer to the firewall settings.
  5. Restart printer spooler service: Restart the printer spooler service on your laptop by going to "Services" in the Windows settings, finding the "Print Spooler" service, and clicking "Restart".
  6. Check the print queue: Open the print queue on your laptop to see if there are any stuck print jobs. If there are, try canceling them and then restarting the printer and your laptop.
  7. Try a different connection method: If the wireless connection is not working, try connecting the printer to your laptop using a USB cable to see if it can print through a wired connection.
If none of these steps work, I recommend you contact HP support for further assistance.

For troubleshooting printing issues with your HP Deskjet 2700e Printer/Scanner, try updating firmware, reinstalling the printer driver, and checking connections. Also, consider disabling the firewall and restarting the printer spooler service. If the problem persists, contact HP support for assistance with your printing service.

Verify Physical Connections: Ensure the printer is properly connected to the power outlet and that the power cable is securely plugged into the printer and the wall outlet. Also, verify that the USB cable or network cable (if applicable) is firmly connected to both the printer and the laptop.

Check Printer Status: Check if the printer is powered on and ready to print. Refer to the printer's user manual or control panel to determine its status. If the printer is turned off, turn it on and wait for it to initialize.

Install Printer Driver: Ensure you have the latest printer driver installed on your laptop. Download the appropriate driver for your printer model from the manufacturer's website. Follow the installation instructions carefully and restart your laptop once the installation is complete.

Add Printer to Device List: Add the printer to your laptop's device list. Open the "Devices and Printers" or "Printers & scanners" window (depending on your Windows version). Click on "Add a printer or scanner" and follow the on-screen instructions to add your printer.

Check Firewall Settings: Sometimes, firewall settings can interfere with communication between the printer and the laptop. Temporarily disable your firewall to check if that resolves the issue. If the printer connects successfully, you may need to adjust your firewall settings to allow access to your printer.

Try a Different USB Port: If using a USB connection, try connecting the printer to a different USB port on your laptop. Sometimes, a faulty USB port can cause connection issues.

Greetings,
Peter

Ask a Question