Problems with Epson WF 3530 printing

I love the printer. It makes beautiful picture prints. However, it seems like if I do anything to change anything then it wants to start acting up and telling me there is a paper jam in Cassette #1, when there is not. I can monkey with it for hours and it will finally start printing again ... so far.

I actually work most often on my desktop, which is not WiFi and is in my computer room. My printer has been printing without a hitch, until tonight when I printed from my laptop which is in my bedroom. It made a connection but when I came into my computer room to check on the print job it was telling me there was a paper jam in Cassette #1.

For normal printing you are supposed to be able to print from #1 or #2; if you are going to use specialty paper, like photo paper, you are supposed to use only #1.

So I tried reloading drawer #1 several times and printing from my desktop and just kept getting the paper jam thing. I went into the settings in my computer and seen that it was actually set to print from cassette #2, from which it has been printing just fine. So I hit the "Reset Defaults" and that made it revert to cassette #1, so I tried printing again and it printed.

But I shouldn't be having all this trouble. About 10 days ago I put a few pieces of photo paper in C#1 and it printed the photos off for me just beautifully. They were quite impressive. Then when I tried to go back to regular printing it WOULD NOT print. Just paper jam, paper jam. I despaired and thought I was going to have to give up on it when it started printing again.

Please, does anyone have any ideas about this? I did go to another Printer Forum and they said to run DriverUpdateâ„¢ and run any updates. It found 14 updates and I have already posted about this in another section of this forum. I did not go through with running those updates.

Ask a Question