Programe For Printing Folded Booklet on Printers (Non Duplex)

Is there a free third party programe available for printing a folded booklet on non-duplex printers? The most difficult part is getting the correct page order.

I have this problem on my Epson 1500W. It has a booklet printing function that prints pages in groups of 4 which have to be folded and stacked before binding. That is not what I want. I want something similar to what my Canon printer does, ie print them all and then just fold and staple down the middle.

The problem with a non duplex printer is that its not practical to turn over each page after one side is printed. One needs to print all the sheets on one side, flip them and then print the other side.

So far, the only way to do this on my Epson 1500 W is to select 2 pages per sheet and manually enter the page numbers.

16 page folded booklet sequence (not reverse order) printing 2 pages per sheet.
first 8 one side
flip remaining 8 longways

If there was a programe that could calculate the correct page order, this would make life a lot easier. The page order is not the same for a duplex printer compared to a non duplex printer.

Does anyone know of a programe that can help in this situation? Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Chris

D

Deleted member 14725

16 page folded booklet sequence (not reverse order) printing 2 pages per sheet.
first 8 one side
flip remaining 8 longways
[...]
Does anyone know of a programe that can help in this situation? Your advice would be appreciated.
When I read your thread I knew I saw something like this before discovered by accident as some secondary page printing manager function, perhaps it was on Print Fab (you should definitely look at it regardless of booklet printing or just managing printing, it's quite useful software). I code software so it made sense coding what you request, but then I thought: someone must have done this already.

And it seems so, check here: https://www.gerv.net/software/booklet/
Credit goes to Gervase Markham.

You could also explore the booklet options featured on Adobe Acrobat Pro (for printing pdfs).

Just keep in mind, duplex or not, there is always the risk of the printer picking double or triple pages, I hate when this happens, specially on non duplex printers.

Thank you very much for your reply and the link to calculate the booklet page numbers. I checked out Adobe DC Reader and it does have a booklet printing function which is programed to work with duplex printers (selecting both sides at once) and non duplex printers printing one side and then flipping to print the other side. I will need to do some tests with that.

Thank you again for all your help.

Kind regards
Chris

D

Deleted member 14725

Thank you very much for your reply and the link to calculate the booklet page numbers. I checked out Adobe DC Reader and it does have a booklet printing function which is programed to work with duplex printers (selecting both sides at once) and non duplex printers printing one side and then flipping to print the other side. I will need to do some tests with that.

Thank you again for all your help.

Kind regards
Chris
Cool!

Ask a Question