Purchasing new Discontinued printer y/n

Hello, new here and reach out to learned printer users and owners. I had a oki laser printer fail and repairs are very costly. I search for replacement and find a 'new' discontinued model that uses the same platform. The old unit was c9600 and the interesting unit is the c910 . Both are what I consider fine quality printers. I was absolutely satisfied with the performance of the c9600 ,the c910 is built on the same platform but is currently discontinued but new in a sealed box. The c910 asking price is 2500 bucks USD . My question is ,,,should I invest that much money on a disc. printer .
I have a very small business and require 'top quality' prints . I print brochures and photographs ,the finished quality reflects on my business image. Yes 2500 bucks is a lot of money for my business but I'm willing to invest that amount.
Buying printers is like buying car's, some like chevy's, some like ford's ,my concern is not brands but investing in a disc. product.
Would appreciate any thoughts

CLIFFORD

Ask a Question