Re-manufactured Cartridges

Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to whether or not "re-manufactured" cartridges will or won't work in my XP-6100, or for that matter, ANY Epson printer?
My old HP would give me a message saying that I had installed a non-genuine cartridge, but would still work. I've heard stories that non-Epson cartridges won't work no matter what.

Thanks

Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to whether or not "re-manufactured" cartridges will or won't work in my XP-6100, or for that matter, ANY Epson printer?
My old HP would give me a message saying that I had installed a non-genuine cartridge, but would still work. I've heard stories that non-Epson cartridges won't work no matter what.

Thanks
Yes, third party cartridges will work on your Epson printer provided you haven't updated to the latest firmware version.

Thanks for the response. How can I tell which firmware version I have installed and what the latest version is?

To find out what the latest firmware version for your printer is, you will need to go the Epson website and look under the "Support" menu to locate your printer. You should see different software that you can download. One of them should be a Firmware executable which shows what the latest version is. As for what firmware version your printer has, you should google something like, "how do I find what firmware version my printer has" and insert your printer model in the search string. Different printers have different ways of checking. However, if you haven't updated your firmware version in the last few months, then chances are you should not have an issue using a third-party cartridge. You can always try purchasing one through Amazon and if it doesn't work, they have a good return policy.

Ask a Question