refill Brother starter toner cartidge

Just got a Brother HL-L2360DW laser printer. Like it a lot. Simple question. I understand the "starter toner cartridge" is refillable, but you need a cheap reset gear for it. My question is, what exactly is this cartridge. Is it just a TN-630 standard cartridge with a partly filled reservoir? Or is it some other cartridge design entirely? Although I intend to buy a TN-630 eventually, I'd like to know whether I actually already have one that came with the machine.

Well, let's try this again. I know that I am able to refill the "starter toner cartridge" (though Brother has evidently changed the special gearing that you need to modify to enable this). My question is, when it is full, do you still get just 750 prints, or do you get the 1200 copies that you'd get with a TN-630.That is, is the capacity of this starter cartridge really just 750 prints? Is this a full-sized cartridge that is just supplied half-full? Or is this a half-sized cartridge that is supplied completely full?

Ask a Question