Refitting rear slot lid

While manhandling my XP-8600 printer in order to fit a new Maintenance Box, the narrow hinged lid over the rear paper slot came away. Its hinges are not sprung horizontally but are solid projections, though they are sprung vertically. I have spent hours vainly trying to refit it without risking damage by using excessive force, including taking out the double-sided-printing unit (is it called Duplex?) and lifting up the hinges by fingers inserted into the resulting cavity. Can anyone please suggest how I can re-attach the little lid? Thank you in anticipation of help.

hi
i dont know the printer you have
other printers have same flap at back of machine and to get it back on you have to remove back cover
it fits into back cover then you put the two parts back in place
if no screws on covers just feel around seams until they flex and they should pop off

Thanks for that reply, Vinny. I’ll try what you advise, but i am not sure that it will work on the XP-8600, so other suggestions would still be very welcome.

Following on from my previous reply, of course I wasn’t thinking properly. On my printer there is no accessible back cover. There is a large open space into which the Duplex (?) unit fits.

Solved! Simpler than I had feared. I just placed the lid over the two hinges and tapped down on the lid over each hinge, and that was all that was required. The exact places to tap, and (especially) judging how hard to tap so as to achieve the desired result without breaking anything required several attempts, but it worked.

Ask a Question