Replacing Cartridges Canon MF731CDW

Hello Guys and Gals -

I have a Canon MF731CDW that I use sparingly, maybe once or twice a month if that. I upgraded my PC to Windows 11. When I installed the driver and tried to print a test page, I got an error message stating "Check CNSMBLS" and to prepare a cartridge. I installed the Toner Status application it told me to prepare a cartridge for all three of my color cartridges, though all were at 30%. If I replaced them that seems like a lot of toner I'd be throwing out. Is this true? Thanks for any help.

If your printer is Canon MF731CDW, then you might be wondering how to replace the cartridges. Here are some easy steps to follow:

First, open the front cover of the printer. Second, remove the old cartridge by pressing down on the green lock lever and lifting it out. Third, take the new cartridge out of its packaging and remove the plastic tape. Be careful not to touch the green chip on the bottom of the cartridge. Fourth, insert the new cartridge into the empty slot and press down until you hear it click into place. Fifth, close the front cover of the printer. Sixth, open Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY on your computer and select Maintenance > Head Cleaning. Seventh, wait for the head cleaning to finish. Eighth, try printing again to see if it worked.

Ask a Question