Ricoh MP C3003: Printing jobs are not getting logged

I've recently installed a Ricoh MP C3003, we want all jobs to be logged (prints, scans and copies) per user.

I've assigned an unique user code to every user, works fine for copying and scanning (users have to go physically to the MFP and login using their user code.

Problems are when people print, prints are not being logged. Also people who add the printer can print without assigning their user code in the joblog.

What I did:
Under configuration - User Authentication Management:
  • User authentication management: User code
  • Printer: PC control

Users I gave the following instructions:
To enter the user code follow the steps below:

Windows 7:

Open the Start Menu and choose Devices and Printers
Right-click the Ricoh printer and choose Printing preferences
Click the Valid Access tab
Type your code in the box under User Code
Click OK
Close the Devices and Printers window
Macintosh OS X:

Initial set up

Open Microsoft Word
From the File menu choose Print
In the printer window, make sure you select the Ricoh printer from the drop-down next to Printer
Click Copies & Pages and select Job Log from the drop-down list. (If you do not see Copies & Pages, click the down arrow to the left of the Printers drop-down.)
Check Enable User Code and then type your code in the User Code box
Now you must save this as a preset in order for the code to be saved for future use. Click on Standard next to Presets and select Save As. Give the preset a name such as Sargent, then click OK
Click Print if you want to print or Cancel to exit the Print window
For future prints

From the Print box choose the Ricoh from the Printer: drop-down and the preset you just made (i.e., Sargent) from the Presets: drop-down

It should work but it doesn't! I don't know what I'm doing wrong?

How can I let them add the joblog under CUPS (linux)?

Ask a Question