RICOH sp c261sfnw Brand new but thin black lines

I purchased a new ricoh sp c261sfnw about seven years ago but never used it until now.

It works okay but, there are 3 or 4 thin black horizonal lines extending in for about 2" from the right edge of every page printed.
I removed toner cartridges and gave them a shake as described in the manual. The manual calls these lines "impact lines" ???

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should clean or check to remove these lines?
By the way, the lines do not line up the other pages printed. They are not in the same location from sheet to sheet.
I attached a photo of several printed pages showing the lines and how they do not occur at the same location.

Thanks
marty

Attachments

• Ricoh printer lines.jpg
    Ricoh printer lines.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Problem has been located and not good news for me.

A member of another forum, davel, posted that "If the printer has sat idle for that long the cleaning blades have probably marked the drums. Have a look at the drums, you may need a replacement set of PCDU’s. Get a new printer."

He was correct, the black drum has the largest mark and the black lines are the largest on the sheets. The extent of damage to each roller correstponds to the length and color of the lines on the paper. There is no damage to the magenta roller and also no magenta lines on the printed papers.

He was also corrrect in that the price to repair this old model printer is too high and a new printer is the only choice. Bummer

Ask a Question