Ricoh SP C250dn is wrinkling paper

My Ricoh SP C250dn printer is wrinkling/creasing paper in different places each time it prints. I am using 20lb copy paper and have tried different paper. The printer also is very noisy when 1st turned on or when it warms up to print. Any suggestions?

My Ricoh SP C250dn printer is wrinkling/creasing paper in different places each time it prints. I am using 20lb copy paper and have tried different paper. The printer also is very noisy when 1st turned on or when it warms up to print. Any suggestions?
Did you ever solve this problem? My C250dn started doing the same thing yesterday.

Something most likely jammed inside the printer. Inspect inside the printer for any debris. I've found everything from wooden dowels to baseball cards inside them. Compressed air is your friend. Also, try running a thick sheet of cardboard paper through the printer to see if anything comes out.

Thanks for the suggestion. I spent the last 2 hour going over the paper path with a good work light and compressed air. Also passed cardstock through the path and nothing dislodged.
I'll let it sit for a while before taking it to the recycling center - perhaps I'll try again.
This printer was a real workhorse and I'll miss it (along with the $$ to replace it!).

Art, I solved the wrinkled paper problem by going to 24lb paper. Because I was mostly printing b&w, I recently replaced the printer with a b&w Canon ImageClass LBP246dw. Warmup is about 5 secs and prints about 40 sheets /min. I had the Ricoh for about 6 years and was having too many problems with it including streaking colors, noisy, and long warmup times. I looked at its replacement but way too damn expensive so I decided to go with a b&w printer and I'm really happy with the Canon.

Thanks. David. That solution is interesting. About 3 years ago, I was having a bad time with misfeeds. I cleaned the rollers, changed paper but to no avail. I went to a 20lb paper and all has been well - at least, until yesterday.
We frequently use cardstock, so I don't think going to 24lb paper will fix this particular problem, though. It still wrinkles the paper / cardstock and makes a heck of a racket, as if it's trying to load the paper even though it runs through the normal print cycle while clunking away.
Reading your reply, I'm reminded that I have started to see annoying lines in prints which toner cartridge changes haven't solved.

As much as we like this printer (especially where I developed a device that can reset the chip while still attached to the toner!), it may be "Con te partirĂ²" (Time to say goodby).

Also, thanks for the tip on the Canon. There really are some good deals on B&W lasers but my wife makes cards, so color is a must.
I predict that a C125 may be in my future. I'll be sure to check any relevant posts in the forum before I make any financial commitments, though - great source in info!

I think I paid $157 for that printer. I really liked it because I could reset the chips and it was easy to refill the cartridges, just buying toner. I guess it just wore out. It's a frustrating market right now because the initial outlay for the printer is much higher and the manufacturers like HP are wanting to put folks on a cartridge subscription service in order to create a recurring revenue stream. Anyway, good luck!

Ask a Question