Samsung CLX-4195FW - How to reset fuser counter?

Hello there,

I recently changed fuser in my CLX-4195FW but "fuser life" still shows usage 46677/50000. So my question is how to reset that fuser counter? I would be grateful for quick respond

There is a fuser reset procedure that should be enclosed in the package of fuser - don't recall exactly, but it is some keystrokes, that have to be done. Let me know if you don't find this info in package and I will look around for you.

Had a quick look in the service manuals - the process is as follows:
1) Press “Menu > # > 1 > 9 > 3 > 4 ” on the control panel continuously.
2) Press Menu.
3) Select “Tech Mode”
4) Data setup > Clear counts > Fuser
That should do it.
Also, you can check your old fuser - if you use a good smooth paper, your fuser should last at least 80k pages.

Thanks but how do you enter "menu" mode? There is no such option. Or where should I type it? in which screen during what?

You need to access the "Tecnician / Service mode" of the printer to reset the counters. However, the printer will be just alright even the counter has not been reset as long as the printer will not lock-up due to fuser life expiry.

Ask a Question