Samsung SCX-3405W Scanner Not Working

The scanner light move partway across the window, then stops. It was working normally last week. Can someone give me an idea how to troubleshoot the problem? Thanks.

Update:
I can get into Tech Mode (+ + stop - - stop stop), select SA, and exercise the scanner. It move freely across the glass. Selecting EL it prints the Error Log which says I had Fuser Low Heat Error at some time (but I'm not printing). The instructions say to download the EDC program, but the only EDC I find is the Easy Document Creator, and the display looks nothing like the what shows in the Tech manual. I CAN print a test page successfully.
Samsung Printer Diagnostics says it cannot connect to the Scanner. Troubleshooting says to enter Error Code Display Mode (power + - power power), but I can't get any codes to display, either in Tech Mode or idle.
I would appreciate any advice/suggestions on where to go from here. Thanks.

After taking the side covers off and checking the electrical components and connections, I decided to give it one last shot:
I uninstalled all the Samsung drivers and applications, cleaned the registry, and deleted all references to Samsung on my computer. Then I did a clean install of the drivers and software for the printer. Some of the scanner software was in the Easy Document Creator, and some was in the Easy Print Manager. Then I ran diagnostics successfully, and son-of-a-bitch! - the scanner works!

Ask a Question