Samsung SF-650 - won’t print - driver problem?

Hi,

I have a never used (was still wrapped) SF-650 combined printer / scanner / fax.

Set up for first time today, installed to PC fine, can see printer in Windows.

problem is when send to print, printer light flashes to show data being received (as per manual) but it won’t print.

Printer works because can print reports directly from printer no problem. Also scans and copies from printer.

Have tried all drivers I can find, including from HP support site, but no joy. Really frustrating, and at present can only assume there’s some driver I’m missing, or even a port setting I’m not understanding...

Does anyone have experience of this problem?

Many thanks.

Jon

Hi,

I have a never used (was still wrapped) SF-650 combined printer / scanner / fax.

Set up for first time today, installed to PC fine, can see printer in Windows.

problem is when send to print, printer light flashes to show data being received (as per manual) but it won’t print.

Printer works because can print reports directly from printer no problem. Also scans and copies from printer.

Have tried all drivers I can find, including from HP support site, but no joy. Really frustrating, and at present can only assume there’s some driver I’m missing, or even a port setting I’m not understanding...

Does anyone have experience of this problem?

Many thanks.

Jon
Have you found a solution on that problem yet? Seems I'm facing the same problem with SF650 and printing from PC.

Hi, I did, and frustratingly discovered it’s the identical-looking SF 650 P that can print from PC. The SF 650 is fax printing only. I was able to return mine to eBay seller... best of luck

Thanks for the answer, I have a SF650 and a SF760P. I guess the second one can print from PC so I'll switch them and use the 1st as fax and the 2nd as a PC printer.

Ask a Question