Samsung Xpress C1860FW Intermittent Failure

Printer has worked fine for two years now and then suddenly this week it stopped working. It has power going to the power supply unit, and parts are moving inside the machine when you first turn it on, but nothing is visible on the control panel display. When you first turn it on, your hear the modem dial tone make a faint beep, and the power/wake button on the control panel faintly lights up with the blue ring around it for a second and then goes out. You can turn it off, then back on, and the process repeats with no ability to use the printer, copier, or scanner. Any ideas what the culprit could be? I have discovered that if I pull the left panel off, pull one of the white clips off the control board, attempt to power it up (it does not come on), then I plug the white clip back on the board, and then try to power it on, it does sometimes power on correctly and work fine until the next time it loses power. After losing power it starts the process of not working all over again until I do the reset again. Does this mean the control board is bad?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question