How to fix Samsung Express C1860FW Laser Printer stuck on LOGO?

When I turned on my Samsung C1860FW suddenly the LCD Touchscreen is stuck on the Samsung Logo and doesn't proceed to the normal menus. I couldn't flash the firmware since I forgot the password (I changed the default sec00000 before) to a new one but unfortunately forgotten it. I removed the battery, removed the memory but still stuck on the logo. I tried resetting the password in the network system using Samsung Easy Printer Manager but it only says CLEARED but when I try the admin and sec00000 it still gives me a wrong password prompt. Please save me from buying a new printer since I still have supplies of the toner and it would be a waste if I would not be able to use the scanner and the touchscreen. Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallo zusammen
Ich hatte so wie viele das Problem, dass mein Samsung C1860FW Drucker beim Einschalten auf dem Screen nur noch das Samsung Logo angezeigt hat, und man nicht mehr auf die Kopieren usw. Funktionen zugreifen konnte. Der Screen war also hängen geblieben. Das direkte Drucken über USB vom PC aus ging aber, wie auch das Scannen über USB. Der Drucker ist ca. 4-5 Jahre alt. 3 Farbkassenten waren nur noch um die 8%, so dass ich vermutete dass Samsung deshalb grad den ganzen Drucker "deaktiviert" hat, wegen Alter + Kartouchen.
Ich hatte im Internet überall recherchiert aber alle Tastenkombinationen drücken beim Neustart usw. hat nichts geholfen.
Eines schönen Tages plötzlich ging das Display wieder!!
Ich versuche zu rekonstruieren was ich gemacht hatte, vielleicht hilft das euch auch weiter:
1.) Der Drucker war 3-4 Tage lang mit dem ON/OFF Schalter abgeschaltet. Alle Kabel wie Power + USB waren ganz normal eingesteckt wie immer.
2.) Ich hatte den "Samsung Easy Printer Manager 1.05.82.00" heruntergeladen und installiert. Danach den PC neu gestartet.
3.) Ich wollte ein PDF ausdrucken, und als ich den Druckbefehl bereits gegeben hatte, bemerkte ich, dass der Drucker noch gar nicht eingeschaltet ist. Also habe ich ihne mit ON/OFF Switch eingeschaltet, und SIEHE DA, das Display kam wieder hoch! Und seit dem läuft der Drucker wieder einwandfrei, geht selber in den Ruhemodus, alles bestens.
-> Ich vermute also, dass der Drucker lange genug abgeschaltet sein muss, um dann direkt beim Aufstarten ein Druckbefehl per USB aus der Warteschlange zu erhalten damit das Display wieder geht.
Es KANN auch sein, dass ich damals beim Aufstarten nach ca. 2-3 Sekunden nach dem Power ON ganz kurz (!) auf den "Power/Wake up" Knopf gedrückt hatte, als der Screen noch schwarz war. Bin ich mir aber nicht mehr sicher.
Ich hatte nie den Drcker geöffnet oder Batterie gewechselt oder neu geflasht. Auch habe ich in der Printer Software nichts spezielles umgestellt. Vielleicht gabe auch die Software den Kick?
Ich hoffe diese Infos helfen euch weiter, es scheint also tatsächlich kein dauerhafter Fehler zu sein.
----EN:
Hello everybody
Like many others, I had the problem that my Samsung C1860FW printer only displayed the Samsung logo on the screen when it was switched on, and the copying etc. functions could no longer be accessed. So the screen got stuck. Direct printing via USB from the PC was possible, as was scanning via USB. The printer is around 4-5 years old. 3 color cartridges were only around 8%, so I suspected that Samsung has therefore "deactivated" the whole printer, because of age + cartouches.
I had researched everywhere on the Internet but pressing all key combinations when restarting etc. did not help.
One fine day the display suddenly went back!
I'm trying to reconstruct what I did, maybe that will help you too:
1.) The printer was switched off with the ON / OFF switch for 3-4 days. All cables like Power + USB were plugged in as usual.
2.) I had downloaded and installed the "Samsung Easy Printer Manager 1.05.82.00". Then restarted the PC.
3.) I wanted to print a PDF, and when I had already given the print command, I noticed that the printer was not switched on yet. So I switched it on with the ON / OFF switch, and LOOK, the display came up again! And since then the printer has been running flawlessly again, goes into sleep mode itself, everything is fine.
-> So I suspect that the printer has to be switched off long enough to receive a print command via USB from the queue when starting up so that the display works again.
It MAY also be that when starting up, after about 2-3 seconds after power ON, I briefly (!) pressed the "Power / Wake up" button when the screen was still black. But I'm not sure anymore.
I had never opened the printer or changed the battery or reflashed it. I haven't changed anything special in the printer software either. Perhaps the software also gave the kick?
I hope this information will help you, so it doesn't seem like a permanent bug.

I have seen many comments on this topic: This happened to me while trying to update the firmware, and it got stuck at 24%. Had no choice to turn off the printer and restart. However, the display went into the blue mode!!!
The only solution to fix was to turn off the power for at least one day. Also press the power on button while off to remove any residual power from the PS. Then hoping the display will come back. Otherwise, leave for another 2-3 days.
As soon as the display comes back, update the firmware immediately, to reprogram the keyboard as well as the controller.
Cheers

Ope fixed my "stuck on logo" issue
JC92-025051 PBA-GUI OPE
It's under the touchscreen and to get to it just pry on underside of the panel, no screws until you get the panel off the machine. Then just 4 and a couple connector(also a hidden one connected to the bottom side of board after you unscrew it.

JC92-025051 PBA-GUI OPE
It's under the touchscreen and to get to it just pry on underside of the panel, no screws until you get the panel off the machine. Then just 4 and a couple connector(also a hidden one connected to the bottom side of board after you unscrew it.

Can you explain this a bit further please?

JC92-025051 PBA-GUI OPE
Hello and thanks for your message. Are you saying that you replaced that board or you did something else? If so did you find a reasonably priced board. Samsung wants $172 for it here: https://samsungpartsusa.com/products/smgjc92-02505a

Hello, as I have the same problem, but also I have a RS232 to TTL interface, I connected that interface and as I can see there is a block error on the NAND, the printer works correctly (only with USB interface), but won't boot the UI:

**Start Init**
Run

Boot : Azalea GUI (C3N) V2.10 11-21-2013

Model: Azalea GUI (Chorus3N)

DRAM : 256 MB

[NAND] Flash Boot

Large size NAND Flash memory

2048 Bytes/page

4 address cycle

8-bit bus

tacls=3, twrph0=4, twrph1=2

NAND Device ID: 00000098 000000F1 00000080 00000015

Bad block table found at page 65472(0x07FE0000), version 0x00000001

Bad block table found at page 65408(0x07FC0000), version 0x00000001

and after that it continues to boot, but without any UI, hope it helps, because to understand where something isn't working, it's best to use a TTL interface, at least you can discriminate the error.

In my case, I could change the nand or the board...

After a lot of searching I found the solution. Different printers have different control panels. So, you must match the control panel to your printer exactly. My printer is a Samsung SL-C1860FW, MF Color Laser. It needs a control panel JC95-01676M OPE English. They come in different languages! Samsung sells these CPs for USD 269.00. That's not cheap! Some quotes are lower from other vendors.
You can buy one from China for as low as $100 including cshipping and VAT. Installation is not hard, if you know how. Scottski72 was right that you need to put a blade under the panel along the edge so you can lift it up. see https://samsungpartsusa.com/products/jc95-01676m and https://arbikas.com/pub/media/locator/SL-C1860FW.pdf. note the tabs in the back where it hinges. Wear antistatic gloves or be grounded while doing this, especially in winter.

After a lot of searching I found the solution. Different printers have different control panels. So, you must match the control panel to your printer exactly. My printer is a Samsung SL-C1860FW, MF Color Laser. It needs a control panel JC95-01676M OPE English. They come in different languages! Samsung sells these CPs for USD 269.00. That's not cheap! Some quotes are lower from other vendors.
You can buy one from China for as low as $100 including cshipping and VAT. Installation is not hard, if you know how. Scottski72 was right that you need to put a blade under the panel along the edge so you can lift it up. see https://samsungpartsusa.com/products/jc95-01676m and https://arbikas.com/pub/media/locator/SL-C1860FW.pdf. note the tabs in the back where it hinges. Wear antistatic gloves or be grounded while doing this, especially in winter.
It's not always like that, the front panel could work, as in my case, and the error could be located on the mainboard, in the nand, as in my case.

Without a good reason, changing a whole piece could not be the real solution.

Ask a Question