SCX-3405W won't print in portrait mode

I've gone through the uninstall/reinstall process several times, updated the drivers etc, but every time I print a page it comes out in landscape regardless of the settings. I've tried printing from pdfs, basic text editors, everything. I set the software and the printer to portrait, but it prints landscape.

Any ideas?

Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click SCX-3405 Icon -> Select Printing Preferences
Check the box for portrait usually under Main tab. This will now be your default setting.

Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click SCX-3405 Icon -> Select Printing Preferences
Check the box for portrait usually under Main tab. This will now be your default setting.

I've already done that several times. No matter what the setting, it still prints landscape.

Here's an update. I rebooted the computer to Linux, and tried the printer again, it worked perfectly. This is obviously a Windows driver issue. I used the latest one I could find, has anyone else dealt with this? I'm using Windows 7 Professional.

I figured it out. There's a setting in the Samsung GUI that allows for printing 2 sides on one page. For some reason it defaulted to that. When I changed it, it printed portrait just fine.

I've never seen that setting before, so FYI.

I've gone through the uninstall/reinstall process several times, updated the drivers etc, but every time I print a page it comes out in landscape regardless of the settings. I've tried printing from pdfs, basic text editors, everything. I set the software and the printer to portrait, but it prints landscape.

Any ideas?
I'm having the same problem, and a comment on Amazon noted that it will print two pages side by side in landscape mode if you select the "ECO" setting on the front panel! Since this is nowhere explained, I 'm really glad search finds weird stuff!
Apparently HP bought Samsung's printers, and support is spotty.

I figured it out. There's a setting in the Samsung GUI that allows for printing 2 sides on one page. For some reason it defaulted to that. When I changed it, it printed portrait just fine.

I've never seen that setting before, so FYI.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU... that also fixed my problem -- i was like WTF IS GOING ON HERE ... THANKS

Ask a Question