Set colour printer to print black artwork as colour without editing original file??

I'm really hoping someone is able to offer some advice and will be grateful for any help!!

I own a Fuji Xerox DocuPrint CM305 (although for this question I don't know that that's relevant) which I use for printing wedding stationery. I have a client who has provided me with a scan of a hand-drawn image they want to use for their wedding invitation. It is a simple line drawing which has been done in black pen, then hi-res scanned. The couple wish to have the image printed in navy blue.

I really don't want to get into the whole Photoshop editing thing as my knowledge of Photoshop is limited at best (though there could be a simple answer staring me in the face there and I just don't know it), so I'm wondering if there's a quick and easy way to set my printer to print the image as a colour other than what's on the page, ie. ordinarily the printer would obviously want to print a black image in black, but I want to to print what it recognises as black, in blue instead, only using the printer settings?

I realise this may be a ridiculous question but it can't hurt to ask, right???

Again, thank you in advance for any help or advice!!

Ask a Question