Setting default type of scan

How do you set scan to folder as the default type of scan (as opposed to scan to email) on a Ricoh MP 5054 or MP C4504? These were just installed replacing older Ricohs. The older ones defaulted to scan to folder and now people want the new ones to do the same thing.

I've googled this but can't find anything. These are remote to me so hopefully this can be done via web browser.

Jonathan

this is set in user tools under scan tab
you can also go to screen choose your scan options then press programme key and set as default
i am pretty sure its the same as older models the way you do it just menus different

you can also go to screen choose your scan options then press programme key and set as default
i am pretty sure its the same as older models the way you do it just menus different
That sounds like it's done via the display screen on the device. Is there a way to do it via the web UI?

Jonathan

if it is accessible from web ui it will be in scanner settings
thinking about it ive only ever done it from display screen
going to have to check now next time i see one

if it is accessible from web ui it will be in scanner settings
thinking about it ive only ever done it from display screen
going to have to check now next time i see one
I've been all through the scanner (and other) settings in the web UI but haven't found anything even remotely resembling setting the default type of scan. Googling didn't even produce what you already told me so it's been pretty much of a dead end search other than your help.

Jonathan

Do you have to sign in as Administrator to access this function or can anyone change the default for the machine?

Jonathan

usually no
passwords are set when machine first turned on out of box
the company they were bought from should give you this info if needed
what screen are they using classic look or the newish one
customer might be more comfortable with the classic look if thats what they are used too

usually no
passwords are set when machine first turned on out of box
the company they were bought from should give you this info if needed
what screen are they using classic look or the newish one
customer might be more comfortable with the classic look if thats what they are used too
I have the admin login. I was just asking because I won't be the one making the change as I am remote. So I would need to inform the onsite person of the credentials if needed.

Jonathan

Ask a Question