Sharp MX-3610N with Finisher saddle stitch issues

rcb

The printer is a Sharp MX-3610N with Saddle Stitch Finisher, windows 7, Abode Acrobat, Indesign and Foxit Reader

In order to use the saddle stitcher, you have to set the document as "pamphlet" in the printer settings. In this case I'm printing to 11x17. After setting 11x17 in the printer menu, it forces the program's (Acrobat in this case... but I've tried other software as well, with the same results) printer interface to adopt 11x17 for the size, which then puts a white border around the image, that the printer then takes and places two up.

I can not get the document to print as a double sided "pamphlet" with saddle stitch without it take on a white border. Options such as "fit to print", etc... only changes the size of the white borders as it's fitting to an 11x17 rather than keeping the 8.5x11 of a single page. Selecting "Do not scale" only keeps the page in relative to the 11x17 size that it thinks it's fitting to.

The issue I think is that the where the program printer interface and the printer settings (driver dependent) are forcing the other to adopt the paper sizes selected in either.

So, when I select 11x17 in the printer settings, the program sees that the paper is 11x17. It places the 8.5x11 on an 11x17 background. The print driver then takes that 11x17 and then scales and places two of those 11x17 images on the 11x17 sheet. If you select 8.5x11 for the paper is does the same thing as with ledger, but now it's just smaller.

Can anyone offer advice? Sharp's support is rubbish.

rcb

The solution

Update your printer drivers. Set it all to 8.5x11 including paper in printer preferences.

Under printer preferences set "pamphlet" to "tiled" It should say "ledger" in the greyed out area under job handling.

Hope that's helpful to anyone searching for the same answer.

Ask a Question