Sharp MX-5071 Printing Orange Instead of Red

Hello All,

mcqueen_large.jpg
BadImage_001.jpg
This is a brand new machine that we are setting up for a customer and testing. Upon testing some of our own test images from USB we noticed that the coloration isn't as it should be. Our test photo is of 'Lightning McQueen,' who of course is very red. In the images I provide with this thread you will see what the image is supposed to look like vs. what is printing. We have run every color calibrations simulation and used our SIT chart, but to no avail.

We have another machine that we have set up for a customer, a MX-3071, which is obviously nearly the same machine, and it is printing in the full red color that we are seeking. Our test charts that are run through the 5071 show the red coming in more orange than they should and our internal prints also come out more orange than they should.

I have pulled the waste toner bottle and checked with a magnetic screwdriver for developer in the waste toner bottle. I was told by Sharp Tech Support that this has been an issue seen before, and the solution was to simply pull the DV unit and Drum Unit, ensure all of the packaging was removed correctly and then to reinstall both units. While the DV Unit was out, I checked the developer to ensure that it was magnetizing as it should, and it is. When reinstalling both units, to also make sure that they are properly secured in their rightful positions and lock into place correctly.

I've followed all the steps given to me by senior techs at my company, as well as the tech support suggestions and I am still having the same issue, with no improvement.

If anyone has any tips, tricks, suggestions or experience with a similar issue all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Zach

We have a physically damaged 5071 in our warehouse, that is also brand new with no internal damage I was able to pull parts from and troubleshoot.

I started with the Primary Transfer Belt and it did not resolve the issue. I then swapped the magenta drum units, which again did not resolve the issue. Finally, I swapped the entire DV unit, which did end up resolving the issue. I am not sure if it was an issue with the DV unit itself, or if the machine was sent with faulty developer in it.

For anyone with the similar issues, and the availability to swap brand new parts between machines I definitely would suggest swapping the DV unit first.

Lastly, Sharp Tech Support did mention that this may only be a temporary solution to the issue, and that the process unit may be arcing and drawing the magenta away. The way to test for that is to swap drums units between two colors and see if the issue persists.

-Zach

Ask a Question