SOHO: What's a good printer to buy for this?

I'm a senior and have a part time home office business, to make ends meet.

I had the Brother MFC-J6910DW for something like 6 years. I kept an Epson WF-3640 as a backup, the whole time, which I just set up, but it seems kind of cheap, rattly and shaky. The cartridges are also pretty expensive, compared. I always used very inexpensive ones in the Brother.

So I need to consider a backup for the Epson now. I'd like a reliable workhorse like the 40 lb Brother - one that has less expensive 3rd party cartridges, like I found for the Brother, and doesn't hassle me for 10 minutes because I installed one. ( Wont buy Epson again, because of this. )

Prefer a printer with two 250 sheet trays, that can auto switch between them?

No need for faxing - JUST print, scan & copy.

Hello Senior
Since you have part time work from office . I would recommend you to go with office jet or office jet Pro printer . One of my cousin is also doing work from home due to pandemic. Both of us went to Best buy got a office jet Pro 9015 model .set up is also easy way . As you asked you can print scan and copy . Setting up with phone is also easy way . Whenever you print something try to print max of 30 pages once those pages are printed you can go with next set . The load of printer should be minimal so that you can have the cartridges and printer for lifelong .

There's no way to edit my original post, but I should have mentioned that I will not buy HP. I bought one several years ago, as a backup, didn't open the box for several months, it worked for a few days then stopped. They refused to replace it, because the warranty was up. No thanks - never again.

Ask a Question