Straight Load Printers

I am looking for a printer that has a straight paper feed to use for printing inkjet magnet sheets. Nobody seems to know what I am talking about. Is there such a beast?

Many Thanks,
MamaWolf

Maybe you need to clear it up a little so that we could suggest a printer for you. What do you mean by straight paper feed anyway?

What I need is for the paper to feed from the back & out the front as opposed to rolling up from the front & coming back out the front.

How thick are the magnetic sheets?

How thick are the magnetic sheets?

Most Canon printers that I'm familiar with have a "rear tray" that results in a relatively straight path through the printer. However, I wouldn't expect a non-professional letter-size printer to be able to handle magnetic sheets.

The 9000-2 has a "front tray" that is intended for thicker "fine art" paper. I've never used such paper, but seen sheets of it, and it's pretty thick ... like thin cardboard.

I suppose the Canon website would have specs on the thickness of their fine-art paper.

About the thickest paper I've used is Staples double-sided matte, at 11 mil.

Note that Canon print drivers usually have a "Custom Settings" option for "Prevent paper abrasion" that I believe increases the gap between the print-head and paper surface.

FWIW: I'd be nervous about passing a magnetic sheet through printers with a print-head that contains electronic circuitry.

Have your tried Staples / Office Max / Office Depot? Online printers?

Last edited:

Ask a Question