switching cartridges in hp printers

I recently bought an HP Officejet Pro 8610 and used the set-up catridges until they were empty. Then I removed non-depleted cartridges from my older broken-down HP Officejet 8600 Plus and transferred them to the new 8610 model (they are genuine hp cartridges,ref #950). These (expensive) cartridges were still almost full, so I was aggravated when the new printer refused to recognize and accept them, although they are compatible with both printer models. A new fresh set of cartridges worked fine.
Can it be that the hp sytem is so designed that if you remove and reinstall a set of perfectly good cartridges, the printer refuses them when you reinsert them. This would be infuriating. What can I do about it? Does anybody know how to override this rip-off mechanism?
Thanks for your advise and help.

I recently bought an HP Officejet Pro 8610 and used the set-up catridges until they were empty. Then I removed non-depleted cartridges from my older broken-down HP Officejet 8600 Plus and transferred them to the new 8610 model (they are genuine hp cartridges,ref #950). These (expensive) cartridges were still almost full, so I was aggravated when the new printer refused to recognize and accept them, although they are compatible with both printer models. A new fresh set of cartridges worked fine.
Can it be that the hp sytem is so designed that if you remove and reinstall a set of perfectly good cartridges, the printer refuses them when you reinsert them. This would be infuriating. What can I do about it? Does anybody know how to override this rip-off mechanism?
Thanks for your advise and help.

Ask a Question