The absolute insanity of Epson trying to force you to buy more ink , when you only need BLACK

So, I have an Epson XP 6100...the black, as expected runs out far before the other colors but the 'photo black' (why does there need to be two blacks??) is kinda low too....so I purchased the double cartidge normal black, but the stupid printer pop-up tells me the 'photo black' is low too! What the actual F???....I have a FULL, NEW CARTIDGE OF the double BLACK and should have NO PROBLEM printing documents now?! How is Epson getting away with this???

EDIT- A quick google search brought up all sorts of links about a class action lawsuit against Epson for the greedy ways with regards to ink refills ,etc....Good deal. I hope they have to pay through the nose. Meantime, is there a workaround for this greedy insanity by this company? I really need to print some documents and can't wait much longer to get them done. This is beyond belief....BTW, I saw something online about making sure a buried setting about making sure the 'Enable Epson Status Monitor 3' is checked, and then I should supposedly be able to go ahead and print my black and white document,.....I checked and it IS checked, but it still doesn't print.....PLEASE HELP!

Ask a Question