the color ink cartridge may be almost out of ink (when it's not!!)

I am having an issue with my HP PSC 1210xi... I have tried like 6 brand new color ink cartridges and no matter what amount of ink is in the cartridge, I get that message!!! I stopped taking the ink cartridges back to the store and tried printing and it prints like the ink is full!!! I seem to cannot get this 'almost out of ink' message to go away!!! it stays there regardless that the cartridge is full!!!

already tried: reinstalling printer driver, Googling the issue

Google came up with NOTHING when I searched the issue, and no results when I put the error message in quotes!!!

Moltres Rider: Ever heard about Smart Chips? If not, then I'm telling you. They are chips placed inside our cartridges. It prompts empty even if your cartridge are still full. That's a strategy of OEM manufacturers to earn more. Just never mind that first. If you can see that the cartridge is really empty, then that's the time for you to refill.

Ask a Question