TS5150 refill ink PG=540/ cl-541

Hi I have recently purchased a Cannon TS5150 useing PG -540/ Cl541 and used city ink pod system to refill the cartridges the system works really well No mess at all BUT the printer shows ink almost out I disabled the ink monitoring ie pressed Red Triangle Key for a few seconds . I can print very well but would like to be able to have a " Heads up" when the ink is getting low so far I have not been able to source a chip resetter HELP please !!!!
can any one tell me how/ is it possible to reset the cartridge to think it is full so I can monitor the ink level.
Would a chip resetter from a different cannon cartridge work ? I hope someone can point me in the wright direction,

you cannot rest the cartridge electrics, with refills/prefill inks, a new patch is put over the cartridges, this is the only way for ink levels to show.

you cannot rest the cartridge electrics, with refills/prefill inks, a new patch is put over the cartridges, this is the only way for ink levels to show.
thank you for taking the trouble to reply How do I put a new patch ? / where do I obtain a "New patch" Please advise
Thanks again Mike

thank you for taking the trouble to reply How do I put a new patch ? / where do I obtain a "New patch" Please advise
Thanks again Mike
I do not know where you get these from, basically, it's a new electric patch that gets stuck to the OEM cartridge electrics which then gives the inks levels, I would say, leave it and keep printing until you get poor results to know when it's empty.

Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 11.49.37.png

Ask a Question