USB port not working, is it possible to print over fax/phone line?

Hi, this is my first post so don't mind me if I make mistakes.

I have a samsung M2675F printer. I had a problem with the toner. I called printer service they tried to fix it and it worked couple days now the USB port is not working anymore. It cannot connect to any pc (many cables/pcs tried). Is it possible to use the fax/phone line to print documents. I use the printer to scan since it have scan button. The printer only have USB port and phone/fax, no lan port. I also tried to find and replace the usb card but I couldnt find the spare part.

Please identify your operating system (Windows 7 or 8 or maybe 10 or MAC).
No can not use fax/phone line to print.

If Windows then follow this:
Control panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click M2675 Icon -> Select "Remove Device"
Do that for any other Samsung Icons (Important)
Disconnect USB Cable & reconnect per instructions

Reinstall Printer using Samsung Install CD. Follow printer manual and on-screen install Instructions carefully.
Do not interrupt install process

Confirm printer is installed as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers
You should see M2675 Icon with green check mark (Check Mark indicates Default Printer)
If no Green Check Mark present then Right Click M2675 Icon and select "Make Default"
Printer is now installed and ready to print
Advise

Please identify your operating system (Windows 7 or 8 or maybe 10 or MAC).
No can not use fax/phone line to print.

If Windows then follow this:
Control panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click M2675 Icon -> Select "Remove Device"
Do that for any other Samsung Icons (Important)
Disconnect USB Cable & reconnect per instructions

Reinstall Printer using Samsung Install CD. Follow printer manual and on-screen install Instructions carefully.
Do not interrupt install process

Confirm printer is installed as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers
You should see M2675 Icon with green check mark (Check Mark indicates Default Printer)
If no Green Check Mark present then Right Click M2675 Icon and select "Make Default"
Printer is now installed and ready to print
Advise
Thank you for Your reply.
I am 100% sure that the driver is installed. The point is there is no reaction when I connect with usb cable, no reaction in device manager either. I tried different pcs and different cables. I use win 10 64bit

If you tried printer with different PCs and different USB Cables, sounds like bad printer.
Be sure printer USB cable connected direct to computer. No USB Hub

Connect your USB cable
You must answer these questions
When you navigate Control Panel -> Devices & Printers
Do you see M2675 Icon?
Is it just one Icon or more than one Icon identified as M2675?
If only one Icon, does it have Green Check Mark?
Is there something else marked with Green Check Mark?

Last edited:

Ask a Question