W10 & Lexmark All in One 5270

Hi,
I've had my 5270 since 2005 when purchased along with a new XP machine. About 2 years ago, I bought a new system (ASUS) W10, with Intel I-7700, 64 bit. My Lexmark install CD would not install the printer so I looked around and found a Vista level install .exe and it worked fine. Every now and then the printer will not work, so I have to "re" install the SW, but then it starts working OK again. The other day, I went to scan something and the printer would not respond saying the PC couldn't connect (USB) to the printer. So, I reinstalled the SW and it just wouldn't start working again. I don't know if it had anything to do with the new "feature" update MS issued a couple of weeks ago or not?
I went to the device manager and I can scan docs, pixs, etc. from there and save them, so the PC can definitely communicate with the printer via the USB cable. What could be stopping the SW from installing properly so everything starts functioning again. If I try to print from another program (i.e. address program to print an envelope) I get the same message that the PC can't communicate with the printer. I hate to buy another printer that is designed to run with W10 when the Lexmark is still working OK, but not with my PC. I can also manually copy items without using the PC. So, everything in the printer, scanner, etc. seems to be OK. I'm at the end of knowing what to do. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ask a Question